Re: Monit reinitialize itself

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit reinitialize itself
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 19:47:18 +0200

Hello,

no, Monit never reloads itself automatically ... according to the log snip, it
received the SIGHUP signal (which causes Monit to reload the configuration).
This can be because the system administrator trigger reload via "monit reload"
or the HTTP GUI or he sent the SIGHUP directly (using "kill" command for
example). It is also possible that you have Monit's log integrated in logrotate
or something this and it's set to reload Monit when the log is rotated.

Regards,
Martin