Re: Configuring a warning using a shell script

From: Martin Vaner
Subject: Re: Configuring a warning using a shell script
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 00:32:24 +0200

Hi,

it seems that you have wrong config file. I am using the number to check the log file if it contains some Errors.
I am using this combination and it is working.

My little easy bash script is:

#!/bin/bash

errorcount=`tail -n 10 contego.log | grep "Error" | wc -l`
if [ $errorcount -gt 0 ]; then
exit $?
else
echo $errorcount
exit 0
fi

And /etc/monit/monitrc is contain these lines:

check program Contego_Errors with path /mnt/vouchers/logtest.sh
    if status != 0 then alert

Seems you have something wrong in monitrc file or in the config file in conf.d

By the way, i had also a little mistake in the IF part of my bash script and i spent a lot of time to find it. But found.

Regards,

Martin