Re: Monitoring load average relative to number of CPUs

From: Callum Macdonald
Subject: Re: Monitoring load average relative to number of CPUs
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 20:26:18 +0200

We get around this issue by generating our configs dynamically from puppet. Here's the ERB excerpt:

if loadavg (1min) > <%= scope.lookupvar('processorcount').to_i * 2 %> for 5 cycles then alert if loadavg (5min) > <%= scope.lookupvar('processorcount').to_i * 1.5 %> for 5 cycles then alert if loadavg (15min) > <%= scope.lookupvar('processorcount').to_i %> for 5 cycles then alert

Cheers - Callum.