Re: Monit source code repository and issue tracker - fork ahoy!

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monit source code repository and issue tracker - fork ahoy!
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:36:53 +0100

On 24 Jan 2014, at 14:42, sven falempin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have now to read those new licence you pulled out of your hat.

I’m not sure I like your tone there. We have used a fair amount of work to
create Monit which everyone can use, modify and fork under an Open Source
License and we think that this is great. If you want to contribute to Monit
then that is much appreciated, but we naturally want to keep some control. Most
open source projects have similar contributor terms, from GNU projects, to
Apache and Bootstrap. If you think that this is unreasonable, then don’t
contribute. This is perfectly fine, we don’t expect anything back.

Jan-Henrik