Monit source code repository and issue tracker - fork ahoy!

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Monit source code repository and issue tracker - fork ahoy!
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:44:49 +0100

Hi all,

The Monit source code is now up on https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit and
managed by Git. You are welcome to contribute to this project by forking and
open pull requests. Good pull requests, patches, improvements and new features
are immensely helpful and appreciated, but please ask first if a new feature is
wanted before working on a patch, otherwise you risk spending a lot of time
working on something that the project's developers might not want to merge into
the project. Important: Most open source project require you to sign a
Contributor License Agreement, we believe this can be simplified by stating
that if you submit a patch or a pull request, you agree to allow the project
owners to license your work under the terms of the CC0 license. I won’t
enumerate the reasons why this is necessary here, but in case you wonder why
this matter, please see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contributor_License_Agreement and
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html

We also have a new issue tracker for Monit at
https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/issues Please use this tracker to
register new issues, but also feature requests if you want. We have already
registered two new issue which we are currently working on, which are "Add
argument support to 'check program’” and "Add Restart command to Monit”.

Best regards, from the Monit team