Re: monit and ganglia

From: Daniel Rich
Subject: Re: monit and ganglia
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:42:38 -0800

Here's what I use. It's on FreeBSD, so you'll need to change the paths if you're running on Linux.
#
# Ganglia
#

# gmetad
check process gmetad matching "sbin/gmetad"
  start program = "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/gmetad start"
  stop program  = "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/gmetad stop"
  if failed host localhost port 8651 expect "DOCTYPE GANGLIA_XML"
    then restart
  if 3 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
  group server

# gmetad
check process gmond with pidfile /var/run/gmond.pid
  start program = "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/gmond start"
  stop program  = "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/gmond stop"
  if failed host localhost port 8649 expect "DOCTYPE GANGLIA_XML"