Re: Proxy

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Proxy
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:47:49 +0100

Setting global proxy in Monit is not good solution - Monit is not web browser
where you may want everything to go via proxy. Even if Monit is set to test
some remote website via proxy, it may be also set to test local webservice
running on the same machine or on internal network - in such case direct access
is possible and proxy not wanted => Monit doesn't use "http_proxy" environment
variable.

As mentioned, to test remote website via proxy you can use generic send/expect
test. See the usage in Monit manual.

Martin