Monit spawning script before the filesystem is updated

From: FrancoisGervais
Subject: Monit spawning script before the filesystem is updated
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:49:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We running monit as part of our embedded system to monitor a config file
which is written by a 3rd application. Then when monit sees the timestamp
change on the config file it fires a script which does the actual
configuration.

However, it seems that once in a while there's a race condition and once
inside the script when we load the config file it hasn't been updated yet.
It would seems that the timestamp has been updated but not the file content.
Is this possible?

Thanks
Francois