Is there a "real restart" command (not stop then start) ?

From: Jérémy Lecour
Subject: Is there a "real restart" command (not stop then start) ?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:19:38 +0100

Hi,

I've been using Monit for some years and I've always be happy with it. Thanks
for making this great piece of software.

Lately I've been using some services that accept different "actions" than start
and stop, for example a USR2 signal to do a rolling restart (just like a
"reload").
An example is the Unicorn application server (in Ruby).

I monitor the different master processes with Monit, but I can only do "start"
or "stop" but nothing else.
So if I want to do a rolling restart, I have to log into the server and send
the signal.

It would be great if we could define custom actions.

Jérémy Lecour
Conception et développement d'applications web
http://jeremy.wordpress.com - http://twitter.com/jlecour