monit unmonitor sends too many alerts on unmonitor/monitor

From: Zippy Zeppoli
Subject: monit unmonitor sends too many alerts on unmonitor/monitor
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 11:44:14 -0700

I am bringing up an issue that was previously brought up on another thread.

The complaint is: http://osdir.com/ml/monit-general/2008-06/msg00020.html

The solution is to just filter monitor and unmonitor commands http://osdir.com/ml/monit-general/2008-06/msg00023.html

It would be great if there was a way to silence automated monitor and unmonitor calls, such as those that are referenced from an automated script.

Right now, if I filter, I will never know if a human monitored or unmonitored a script due to this filter, although my actions will be filtered, which will reduce the chatter. Is there a way to have the best of both worlds? Such as call unmonitor via a flag, such as --silent?