local alert statement not working

From: Adam Wolfe
Subject: local alert statement not working
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:37:08 -0400

I'm having trouble setting up a local alert statement in monit and was hoping someone could explain where I'm failing.

I have monit set up to monitor a directory for any files, then sync them to another box when any our found.  We also want to email our client when these files are found, so they can pick them up.

My statement goes like so:

check filesystem order-error with path /path/to/error/dir/
     if space usage > 0 B then alert address@hidden
     if space usage > 0 B then exec "my-rsync-statement"
         as uid foo and gid bar

All seems to be working well enough, except the if space usage > 0 B then alert address@hidden part.  When I start monit it simply states "Error: syntax error 'address@hidden'".

I'm following the instructions here http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#setting_a_local_alert_statement but I'm not sure if something has changed and this how-to is outdated or if I'm simply over-looking something.