Re: Monitoring external SMTP service

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monitoring external SMTP service
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:17:27 +0100

Yes. There are two other options you can use. 1) Just check that the server
answer on the port and not run the protocol (smtp) test or 2) use send/expect
which allow you to send whatever you want to the server
(http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#connection_testing) I.e.

    if failed host 192.168.1.100 port 25
       expect "^220.*\r\n"
       send "ELO localhost.localdomain\r\n"