Re: No alerts at certain times

From: Nestor Urquiza
Subject: Re: No alerts at certain times
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:52:39 +0000

Thank you Martin!
Best,
-Nestor

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Martin Pala <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

you can suppress the events for manual actions by setting the alert filter like this:

    set alert address@hidden but not on { action }

See Monit manual for more details.

Regards,
Martin

On Sep 25, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Nestor Urquiza wrote:

Hello,

We use monit not only to monitor services but as the controlled way to stop and start services. That is a feature we use when performing replication: we stop some services, replicate then start them again.

It would be ideal that we could say for instance:

monit --no-alerts stop apache
monit --no-alerts start apache

This feature would be useful for the sysadmin willing to use monit to troubleshoot something without touching config file nor receiving alerts for events well known to be happening.

Does this request make sense? Should I open a feature request? Is there a better way to achieve this without a feature request?

Thanks!
-Nestor