Re: MONIT - Install shell only ?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: MONIT - Install shell only ?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:23:56 +0200

The sample monit configuration file comes with example of "set httpd port 2812 …" limited to localhost with default admin/password. There are no services configured in the sample config file though (only sample comments) so no actions are possible and no data presented, even if you'll start it using the sample configuration without changes and somebody will figure out that monit was started on localhost:2812 with default admin:monit credentials, only local users will be able to access it and they'll see only the system load and cpu+memory usage (which they can see locally even without accessing monit - using "vmstat", etc.).