Re: monit-general Digest, Vol 98, Issue 11

From: Kevin Chadwick
Subject: Re: monit-general Digest, Vol 98, Issue 11
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 19:35:42 +0000

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:14:25 -0700
Adam Beguelin wrote:

> The initial restart is getting triggered because the daemon memory has grown
> large and I'm asking monit to restart it

Sounds like a memory leak you should talk to the developers.

Couldn't you have two entries, one which monitors and restarts and one
which gives you start stop control under a different name?

Or tie in a script. It's easy to do most of what monit does by shell
wrappers, just usually a waste of time and effort. I have a cron entry
which checks monit is running.