Re: Force monitoring of service?

From: Gareth Pye
Subject: Re: Force monitoring of service?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:39:52 +1100

On 20/01/11 18:03, Adam Nielsen wrote:

However after having removed the timeout line from the monit config file and restarting, monit has not automatically restarted the services, which is something I expected it should do. I believe this is because it thinks the services have been stopped manually, so I am looking for a way of telling it that no, the service really died and you should restart it if it's not already running when monit first loads.

I believe what you want is your startup config's to have just after monit is started this call:
monit start all

Gareth Pye
Engineer
GPSat Systems Australia