check process matching problem

From: Lukas Korous
Subject: check process matching problem
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 02:10:46 +0100

Hello,

I would like to ask you for help. I am trying to use monit for
monitoring resources like CPU time and memory consumption etc.
processwise. My problem is that the processes do not create .pid files,
so I would like to exploit the possibility of using this syntax in
the .monitrc file:

check process matching "asdf".

However, when I try that, I get a syntax error:
/home/lk/.monitrc:1: Error: syntax error '"asdf"'

The complete file looks like this ("asdf" is there just for testing the
syntax):

check process matching "asdf"
  start program = "/usr/bin/db start"
  stop program = "/usr/bin/db stop"
  if cpu is greater than 90% then restart

It would be awesome if you could help me.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,
Lukas Korous