Silencing Monit for a given amount of cycles

From: Julian Berkner
Subject: Silencing Monit for a given amount of cycles
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:07:46 +0100

Hello again,
here is the situation:

set daemon 30
#[...]
check system localhost
    if loadavg (1min) > 0.1 for 2 cycles then exec "/my/script"
[...]
I agree that all values are very low, but this is just for testing.

The idea behind this is that the system is monitored, and in case
the load goes above a given amount, several commands are issued to
decrease the load (within my script) and inform the server
administration ONCE that there is a problem.

In fact, monit sends out an email every 2*30 Seconds, if the test
continues to return true. (I know that is the correct behaviour, based
on my config.)

I thought about unmonitoring system, but this would be bad idea, as
other tests need to continued and, when system is unmonitored, i cant
attach the monitor to it again.

Is there a possibilty to change this config, so the script gets
executed once and not again until the test has returned false at least
for one cycle?

Kind regards,
Julian