Monit reload

From: Andrew Holt
Subject: Monit reload
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:46:00 +0100

Hi,

I am using monit 5.1.1

I have a monitrc thus:

check device root with path /
    if space usage > 79% then exec /usr/local/Scripts/monitDefaultAction

check device log with path /var/log
    if space usage > 79% then exec /usr/local/Scripts/monitDefaultAction

check device tmp with path /tmp
    if space usage > 79% then exec /usr/local/Scripts/monitDefaultAction

include /etc/monit/*.monitrc

If I change the content /etc/monit and then issue a 'monit reload' it does not
always register changes.

So I can remove an definition and then reload and monit summary will still
report it, or add a service and enter 'monit start <name>' and get an error
indicating that the service is unknown.

Is this a known issue with a fix, or workaround ?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Holt

Email: address@hidden