Sending reminder via M/Monit

From: Thorsten Kampe
Subject: Sending reminder via M/Monit
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:54:50 +0200

Hi,

I would like to send a reminder every 24 hours if a service is still not
up. I'm sending mails via M/Monit (not via Monit) - configured via the
web interface - so my monitrc does not contain any "set alert" or "set
mailserver" statement (only "then alert"s).

How can I setup reminders if I let M/Monit do the work of sending email.
The documentation for monit seems to be specific for the case when Monit
sends the alert emails.

Thorsten
[M/Monit 2.3, Monit 5.2.1]