Re: Verifying version compatibility

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Verifying version compatibility
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:25:25 +0200

Hello,

M/Monit 2.2.x supported Monit versions 5.0.x - 5.1.x.

When you upgrade to M/Monit 2.3, the upgrade of Monit agents which are managed
by it to 5.2.x or newer is required at the same time.

We provide pre-compiled Monit binaries for common platforms to make the upgrade
easier as the Monit packages in various Linux and BSD distributions are not
updated instantly - it takes usually some time to 3rd party to upgrade the
package (with the exception of development Debian version and FreeBSD port).
The Monit binaries are available in the download page along with the source
code: http://www.mmonit.com/monit/download/

The reason why Monit 5.2.1 doesn't work with previous M/Monit versions (such as
2.2) are changes in the protocol which is used between Monit and M/Monit.

Regards,
Martin