Re: hierarchical network monitoring

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: hierarchical network monitoring
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:13:17 +0200

Hi,

you can unmonitor the services which are behind the failed switch.

For example if switch is monitored via availability of switch's network
management interface on port 1234, then put all depending services into some
group and disable monitoring of this group on switch0 error, else if recovered
then enable monitoring of it.

pseudo configration:
--8<--
check switch0 with address ...
   if failed port 1234 then exec "/bin/monit -g switch0 unmonitor" else if
succeeded then exec "/bin/monit -g group_switch0 monitor"

check node0
  group switch0

check node1
  group switch0