[monit] Monit and Cloud monitoring?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: [monit] Monit and Cloud monitoring?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 18:27:51 +0200

Is there anyone here who uses Monit for monitoring servers and services in the
cloud? That is, monitoring stuff like EC2, linode, slickhost etc. In that case,
I am very interested in learning more about your experience, what works and
what does not work so well, and what, in your opinion, can be done to improve
Monit within this domain.

The reason I ask is that when we started working with Monit, there did not
exist services such as EC2. In theory, Monit should work fine with these types
of servers and services, but since we have limited experience in this area I
thought I should ask on this list.

Jan-Henrik