Re: [monit] checksum resetting checksum

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] checksum resetting checksum
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 22:32:27 +0100

Hello,

the "if changed checksum" test does reset the checksum expectation for next cycle when it changes => it fires on every change. See manual for more details:
http://www.mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#file_checksum_testing

You can run monit with -v option for verbose mode and see the checksum interaction.

Example:

 check file httpd.conf path /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
     if changed checksum then exec "/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl graceful"

Regards,
Martin