Re: [monit] Configuration error

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Configuration error
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:49:15 +0100

Hi,

according to error message, it seems that sanity check of C preprocessor failed. The attached part of config.log doesn't contain much informations - does the /lib/cpp exist? If yes, can you attach whole config.log and output of following?:

  cpp --version

Regards,
Martin

George wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm getting the below error while configuring monit on linux Fedora 8, 64 bit , what could be the issue?

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... unsupported
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

This is part of the output of config.log

## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##

ARCH=''
CC='gcc'
CFLAGS='-g -O2'
CPP='/lib/cpp'
CPPFLAGS=''
DEFS=''
ECHO_C=''
ECHO_N='-n'
ECHO_T=''
EGREP=''
EXEEXT=''
EXTERNALS=''
GETLOADAVG_LIBS=''
GREP=''
INSTALL_DATA=''
INSTALL_PROGRAM=''
INSTALL_SCRIPT=''
KMEM_GROUP=''
LDFLAGS=''
LEX=''
LEXLIB=''
LEX_OUTPUT_ROOT=''
LIBOBJS=''
LIBS=''
LTLIBOBJS=''
NEED_SETGID=''
OBJEXT='o'
PACKAGE_BUGREPORT='address@hidden <mailto:'address@hidden>'
PACKAGE_NAME='monit'
PACKAGE_STRING='monit 5.0.1'
PACKAGE_TARNAME='monit'
PACKAGE_VERSION='5.0.1'
PATH_SEPARATOR=':'
PROCARCH=''
SET_MAKE=''
SHELL='/bin/sh'
YACC=''
ac_ct_CC='gcc'
bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build_alias=''
datadir='${datarootdir}'
datarootdir='${prefix}/share'
docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE_TARNAME}'
dvidir='${docdir}'
exec_prefix='NONE'
host_alias=''
htmldir='${docdir}'