Re: [monit] wrong time zone information in emails sent by M/Monit

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] wrong time zone information in emails sent by M/Monit
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:00:30 +0200

On 12. sep. 2009, at 11.04, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

1. the time in the subject line is correct (but meaningless because it
doesn't include any time zone information).

The time is computed in the local timezone and at the time Monit handled the incident on the machine.

2. the time the email appears to be sent is meaningful (because it
contains time zone information) but it is completely wrong ("10:46:54 +
0200" would be correct).

+0000 is your mail servers way of saying that there is no time zone set.

I think I don't have to explain why this behaviour is extreme disturbing
and misleading when trying to track down when an issue occurred.

We'll see if timezone can be added for the next release.