[monit] wrong time zone information in emails sent by M/Monit

From: Thorsten Kampe
Subject: [monit] wrong time zone information in emails sent by M/Monit
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:04:18 +0200

Hi,

it looks like M/Monit is completely time zone agnostic (at least when it
comes to sending email). I haven't checked it for Monit but I
suspect it to be the same.

At the bottom is an excerpt of the header of one email sent today. There
are two things to note:

1. the time in the subject line is correct (but meaningless because it
doesn't include any time zone information).

2. the time the email appears to be sent is meaningful (because it
contains time zone information) but it is completely wrong ("10:46:54 +
0200" would be correct).

I think I don't have to explain why this behaviour is extreme disturbing
and misleading when trying to track down when an issue occurred.

Thorsten