Re: [monit] Blocking specific GET requests to M/Monit

From: andrey . utkin
Subject: Re: [monit] Blocking specific GET requests to M/Monit
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:50:22 +0100

I know that the GET requests aren't going through because the files don't
exist, but it would be great to completely lock these out so that the server
doesn't have to process them at all.  I had considered running M/Monit on a
very non-standard port (it's on 8080 right now) but that's really just
obfuscation that can be circumvented by smart bots.  Would be nice to have a
means of completely blocking illegitimate requests.
IMHO this is not worth to worry. It does not load the server.
Also don`t fear of "smart bots" :)