[monit] monit "not monitoring"?

From: Denis Haskin
Subject: [monit] monit "not monitoring"?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:12:39 -0500

When I restrart my server, monit comes up with most of the services (e.g. apache, memcached, mysql, mongrel_*) as "not monitored".  If I do "monit monitor all" then it starts monitoring them.

What can I do to have monit come up monitoring everything?  I assume maybe this is because I'm not starting these services with monit?  (some discussion of this on the monit-general list from back in Feb 2007, and there's some notes that seem related to this on the wiki)

Thoughts?

Thanks,

dwh