[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[monit] [Announce] monit 5.0 beta
[monit] [Announce] monit 5.0 beta
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:32:22 +0200
Monit 5.0 beta is available:
Download from: http://tildeslash.com/monit/dist/beta/monit-5.0-beta1.tar.gz
MD5 checksum: afd3beb99cd421ada8e90c5affc9b106
Change log: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/beta/CHANGES.txt
This is a new features and bugfix release which has been tested on the
Debian 4.0 [x86]
FreeBSD 6.3 [x86]
FreeBSD 7.0 [x86]
Mac OS X 10.5.2 [ppc]
NetBSD 4.0 [x86]
OpenBSD 4.1 [x86]
CentOS 4.6 [x86]
CentOS 5.1 [x86]
Fedora 8 [x86]
We are also pleased to announce that we have reached a point where we
can release the first version of m/monit 2.0. M/monit is an
application for managing monit instances and a server which monit
instances can post events to for statistical and historical purposes.
You can download m/monit from, http://tildeslash.com/mmonit/ and watch
a screen cast demonstrating m/monit here, http://tildeslash.com/mmonit/screencast/mmonit.mov
Version 5.0 beta:
NEW FEATNEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS:
* M/Monit support added.
* Added a protocol test for testing the SIP protocol which is
used by popular communication servers such as Asterisk and
FreeSWITCH. We received two patches for this protocol and have
taken code from both and merged them. Many thanks to Bret
McDanel and to Pierrick Grasland for supplying the patches.
* Added MONIT_DESCRIPTION to the list of environment variables
available to programs started by monit. Thanks to Morten
Bressendorff Schmidt for patch.
* If a service group is specified for monit CLI action,
monit no longer requires the "all" verb, so the following
command is possible:
monit -g web stop
If group is not specified (-g option omitted), the
service name or "all" is still required as a safeguard.
* Add the option for the 'set mailserver' statement which
allows to override the hostname used in in SMTP transaction
EHLO/HELO and Message-ID header when sending mail. Monit
defaults to the hostname which matches the 'uname -n'
output - in the case that it doesn't match the DNS and
that the mailserver is using the DNS verification as spam
protection the message can be rejected. The new option
allows to override the hostname:
set mailserver foo.bar.baz using hostname "my.monit.host"
* New EVENT_ACTION type was added which reports the actions
performed on monit's administrator request (either via web
interface or CLI). If you don't want to received these events,
you can set the mail-filter for "action" event type.
* Monit start action is synchronous now. This improves the
startup sequence for dependant services, since monit will
wait for parent service to start before trying to start the
* It is now possible to define the execution timeout for start
and stop commands. If the timeout option is omitted, by
default the timeout is 30 seconds. You can thus override
the timeout for example for services which are starting slower.
start program = "/bin/foo start" with timeout 60 seconds
* The event passed state is renamed to succeeded as this name
more reflects the state of things.
* The device service test is renamed to filesystem.
* Fixed #21989: Monit may start two instances of the process
when service restart is performed and the process is starting
slowly. Thanks to Nick Upson, Aaron Scamehorn and David Greaves
* Fixed #21550: Fix crash when monit event queue contained an
empty file. Thanks to Douglas J Hunley for report.
* Fixed possible crash when the 'if changed checksum' test was
used along with restart action. Thanks to Brian Candler for
* Fixed #22075: Allow using a mail address as username when using
* Fixed #22191 and #19823: If the file content test does not match
anymore, reset the service error state. (Previous versions did
not clear the error state and kept showing a match in the status
listing and in the http interface).
* The 'if changed size ...' test can now be used even when monitored
file doesn't exist on monit's start.
* If the htpasswd file is used to control monit http interface
access and the hash type is set to MD5 whereas the file
contains wrong format (non-MD5), report the error and keep
running. Formerly monit exited on assert exception. Thanks to
Adrian Bridgett for report.
BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES:
* The current CPU usage test which checked the cpu usage of
the process itself plus the cpu usage of child processes
was renamed to TOTALCPU (otherwise it works the same).
The new CPU usage test checks the CPU usage of the process
itself only. This change was introduced to allign the
syntax with MEMORY and TOTALMEMORY tests and to allow to
test the CPU usage of processes which fork child processes
but the user don't want to include childs (such as Mythtv).
Users who are using the CPU check for services like Apache
webserver to watch total cpu utilization (including childs)
should rename the CPU statement in their configuration to
Finally, a big thanks to ALL who have contributed work and time to
create this release.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [monit] [Announce] monit 5.0 beta,
Jan-Henrik Haukeland <=