Re: [monit] I want monit to stop a process when monitored one doesn't st

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] I want monit to stop a process when monitored one doesn't start
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:26:56 +0100

The timeout statement doesn't support other actions currently.

We plan the support for what you have described.

Martin

Edith de la Torre wrote:
Hello:

I have a process being monitored by monit. Now, if it doesn`t start,
usually we do:

if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

but i want something like:

if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then exec "stop another process"

but monit tells me there's an error in configuration file when i use
"exec".

So what can i do if i want monito to stop process 2 when process 1 is
down and does not start?

Thanks in advanced for your help