Re: [monit] only restart if restart didn't occur in last cycle

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] only restart if restart didn't occur in last cycle
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:55:48 +0100

This extension is planned:
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#38

Martin

Samuel Vogel wrote:
Hey guys,

We are running an Apache setup which requires us to have an 10MB logfile. This makes Apache startup somewhat sluggish. Sometimes it seems to happen, that apache crashes es monit restarts it. But the restart is not done yet, when monit runs the next cycle, so it restarts it again. Which of course fails again and so on...

I would like to know if it is possible to only restart Apache in every second cycle, after it was first noticed that Apache is down. In other terms, if Apache was restartet, monit should not check it again in the following cycle, and after that, continue reqularly.

Of course I could just increase monits checking interval, but this would also increase a possible downtime.

Is such an behavior possible? I did not find it in your documentation.

Regards,
Samy