Re: [monit] monit starting too fast

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] monit starting too fast
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:57:56 +0100

I think the solution could be simple:

define the services which depend on the nfs filesystem with "mode manual" statement ... monit won't automatically monitor these services.

Then add "/usr/bin/monit monitor all" to some place where the nfs filesystem is available already (for example to the end of your nfs client init script or to rc.local or create new standalone init script which will be started last and will enable the monitoring).

Martin

Aleksander Kamenik wrote:
Andy Harrison wrote:
It doesn't seem wise to make it simply depend on the existence of a
file on the nfs partition because I don't want monit to try to restart
the application if the nfs partition isn't present yet on initial
boot.

Same problem. I usually disable monit before shutdown and enable it again after bootup via /etc/inittab.

That's why I'd like to have monit unmonitor all persist through reboots.