[monit] RE: problem with monitoring apache

From: pavel . stratil-jun
Subject: [monit] RE: problem with monitoring apache
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:48:58 +0200 (CEST)

Thank you for your tips, but nothing helped. To your questions

> So I don't have the line you have, 'request "monit"' - is this needed?
> What does it give you over my lines?

the request directive tells monit to request a "path" on the host you are
connecting to. so 'request "monit"' tells in my case monit to look for
http://localhost:80/monit  ... i tried omitting the directive but that
didnt help.

> Secondly, maybe you're getting a 404 due to it calling localhost, sounds
> like it should work, but try the IP and see if that works.  Also, for
> logs I use:

naturally, that was the first thing i tried... while wget and tellnet
resolve the ip correctly monit might have had some problems with it.
unfortunatelly, this was not the case.

any other tips will be quite appreciated.
Pavel