monit config syntax error -- paths with the "@" sign in them

From: Sergio Trejo
Subject: monit config syntax error -- paths with the "@" sign in them
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 04:10:49 -1000

Hello,

I created a monit configuration file to monitor a directory on a file system (HFS+) mounted to my Mac server. This directory was installed by a system (MacPorts) so its not under my control and it contains resource file that my server needs. The path name of the directory includes the "@" (at) sign in it. This caused a syntax error, specifically my monit configuration file with the offending line claiming a syntax error looks like this:

check directory D6 with path /opt/local/var/macports/software/vte/0.16.5_0/opt/local/share/locale/address@hidden

The monit syntax error (from "monit -t -c monit.rc) looks like this:

monit.rc:53: Error: syntax error '/opt/local/var/macports/software/vte/0.16.5_0/opt/local/share/locale/address@hidden'

Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you,

Sergio