frustrated monit not executing processes

From: Michael Steinfeld
Subject: frustrated monit not executing processes
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:22:39 -0400

Alright, I have googled and read through the docs on monit

I get this error

monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?
monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?

Am I missing something here?

set daemon  120
set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
set mailserver localhost

set httpd port 28212 and
    #use address   # only accept connection from localhost
    allow localhost     # allow localhost to connect to the server and
    allow admin:password    # require user 'admin' with password 'monit'

check process mongrel_9000
 with pidfile /var/run/mongrel_cluster/mongrel.9000.pid
 start program = "/usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails cluster::start -C
/etc/mongrel_cluster/mongrel_cluster.yml --clean --only 9000"
 stop program = "/usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails cluster::stop -C
/etc/mongrel_cluster/mongrel_cluster.yml --clean --only 9000"
 if totalmem is greater than 110.0 MB for 3 cycles then
         restart       # eating up memory?
 if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then
   restart          # bad, bad, bad
 if 20 restarts within 20 cycles then
   timeout                         # something is wrong, call the sys-admin
 group wwwapp

-------
mongrel.yml
-------

cwd: /home/wwwapp/current
port: "9000"
address: 127.0.0.1
log_file: log/mongrel.log
pid_file: /var/run/mongrel_cluster/mongrel.pid
environment: production
servers: 10

group: wwwapp
user: wwwapp

I was using the monit script to start - "/etc/init.d/monit start"
I have also tried "/usr/bin/monit -g www start all"

My mongrel run as the user/group "wwwapp"

any advice would really be appreciated.

--
Michael Steinfeld
Linux Admin/Developer