Re: feature request "after n cycles"

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: feature request "after n cycles"
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:07:00 +0200

There is framework for method timeout in monit already ... currently the timeout for start/stop/restart/exec methods is one monit's cycle.

The idea is, that you will be able to specify how long the method can take before the monitoring should be enabled. Example syntax:

--8<--
check process httpd with path /var/run/httpd/pid
  if failed port 80 protocol http then restart with timeout 3 cycles
--8<--

=> in the case that the connection failed monit will restart the httpd and wait up to three monit's cycles for recovery (currently if the process is not available on next cycle and 'every' statement is not used then the check will fail again).

Martin