Any size / complexity limits to monit?

From: Sergio Trejo
Subject: Any size / complexity limits to monit?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 01:48:26 -1000

Hi,

I am about to write a script that will recuse a multitude of directories which I want monit to monitor once per day for changes (so its a very low frequency cycle relatively speaking). However, I am guessing there are hundreds (if not maybe a thousand) such directories and subdirectories (its a complicated top level directory with a lot of scientific informations and file system structures).

Is there anything I should be concerned about? Can monit "scale" to many hundreds of monitoring checks (in one cycle) such as once a day? Would the monit binary itself have a problem parsing a monit configuration file that is many hundreds if not a thousand of lines long?

Thank you,

Serg