Multiple monit configurations for different cycles on the same machine?

From: Sergio Trejo
Subject: Multiple monit configurations for different cycles on the same machine?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:01:57 -1000

Would there by any problems running multiple monit daemons on the same machine, whereby each daemon has two different cycles? For example, I may want one instance of monit to monitor an external hard drive with many directories for changes on a cycle of once per day (set daemon 86400); and at the same time I might want another instance of monit on the same machine to monitor daemons on a much higher frequency cycle (set daemon 120). I don't mind maintaining separate monit logs for each of these, but I just want to make sure that there would be no problems / conflicts in doing so.

Thank you.

Serg