Unmonitoring Files

From: James
Subject: Unmonitoring Files
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:52:27 -0500

Hello,

I had posted previously about the broken unmonitoring action on files. The upgrade to monit 4.9 seems to have helped, but I still have an issue. Here is the snippet from my conf file:

check file httpd-error with path /var/log/httpd-error.log
   if match "Segmentation" then unmonitor
   if match "Too many open files" then unmonitor

I put this in to help me with some buggy web code that causes apache to go nuts at random times. The original issue was getting way to many emails when a Segmentation fault occurred since monit would not stop monitoring the file. This seems to have been fixed in 4.9 but just today, the second match went crazy and ended up with 4,000 emails in my inbox.

Is this the correct syntax for stopping the monitoring of a file?

-- james