Re: Monit displays "not monitored" for services it fails to start

From: Marcus Mülbüsch
Subject: Re: Monit displays "not monitored" for services it fails to start
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:09:47 +0100

Martin Pala schrieb:

Maybe you meant that when you used 'if <x> restarts within <y> cycles then timeout' rule then monit sets the state to 'not monitored' when the rule is true?

If that it was he meant I second that request.

While I realize that I ordered monit to no longer monitor the services, in reality there is a difference.

When I type "monit unmonitor service" or click the button on the web interface it is a "unmonitored by user request".

When monit no longer monitors a service because the config file told it to do so it is a "unmonitored by timeout".

To show different texts in the Web interface (or with "monit summary" would indeed be helpful.

Marcus