Re: monit display/servlet question

From: Aleksander
Subject: Re: monit display/servlet question
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:23:10 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
a) Yes I'm not a designer, but isn't this a rather bleak design? I miss colors and eye candy :) I also miss visual cues such as pajamas strips to make it easier to read e.g. lists.
Agreed, it's too shadowy.

b) I also miss status color codes in the overview list so users with glance can see services that have problems such as in http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/shoots/monit_httpd.gif
Agreed again.

c) What is the rationale for putting everything on one page? It is an interesting idea and I like it, not only because we can compete with the http://worlds-highest-website.com/ but because it is simpler to implement and may be faster to browse.

I'd like something in between. That is, if the each host/service were expandable. Instead of going to a new page like right now in 4.8.2, the details would become visible right beneath the service name I clicked.

That way, we wouldn't loose the overview because of a ten miles long page and still have everything on one page. But, this is not simple HTML anymore.

I also like the current font more.

Alex