Re: Control File Questions

From: alex black
Subject: Re: Control File Questions
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:06:02 -0700

I have 20 mongrel instances running and for each instance I had to add a block to the monit rc similar to this:

Was planning on doing the same thing -

Questions:
- Is there any way to have a "local variable" in the monit.rc to set and reuse in the script. For example I'd like to set the APP_LOCATION=/app/my_app.

You could include the mongrel control file from monitrc and just generate it with a ruby script.

_a

- Is there any way to have a loop so that I don't have to copy/ paste this code 19 more times changing just the port number on each copy? Its a real pain if I set this up and then decide I want to change the totalmem monitor for example.

Thanks in advance