RE: Using Monit to keep something unmounted...

From: Nick Floersch
Subject: RE: Using Monit to keep something unmounted...
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:16:02 -0400

This is going to sound odd.

I want to use Monit to check if a certain volume is mounted and, if it remains mounted for too long (say 15 cycles), unmount it.
Then, I want Monit not to complain/alert to me when it realizes that the volume is unmounted.

I tried doing this as a regular volume/space check and setting "if space > 0% then exec 'umount /myvolume'"

And it does work in terms of keeping the volume from remaining mounted. But it alerts me all the time. I only want to receive alerts if the volume *was mounted for too long* - not when it is unmounted.

I am very new to Monit - if there is a particular subject in the manual that would help me understand this, I'm not afraid to read up. I'm just not sure where to start.

-Nick

---
Nicholas Floersch (pr. Floor-sh)
address@hidden