Re: How to test threads for a service

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: How to test threads for a service
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:47:58 +0100

On 9. jan. 2006, at 22.16, Jaakko Heusala wrote:

How monit could be configured to perform actions when service has too many threads?

This is not implemented.

My only idea for now would be to use pid testing with exec to change symbolic links on filesystem to /proc/pid/status, so file content testing could be used to check /path/to/link with regex (at least on Linux 2.6.14). I don't really like this hack...

This is actually not a bad idea and a fine workaround in my book if I understood this correctly. Care to submit your setup to this list? This may be of interest to others.

Could there be THREAD-setting (like CHILDREN) at the resource tests?

Absolutely, but not likely in the near future, unless someone submit a patch. So much to do, so little time...

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255