Re: monitoring overall system resources.

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monitoring overall system resources.
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:17:03 +0200

The overall system monitoring (system load average, memory usage, etc.) is planned ...

Martin

Christian Hedegaard wrote:

I found this email from 2 years ago, but can't seem to find any
information since then:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/monit-general/2003-10/msg00001.html

What I want to do is have a config that monitors a bunch of processes,
disks, and then just a section for overall mem, swap, and loadavg.

is there any way to do this yet? I'm especially curious about figuring
swap usage in monit.

I'm loving monit so far, but seeing as how it's mostly geared towards
watching files and processes, it's becoming rather limited for me. I
don't want to implement monit just for process monitoring.