Re: Any Ping Sensitivity Adjust

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Any Ping Sensitivity Adjust
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:37:02 +0200

On 2. aug. 2005, at 18.46, M. D. Parker wrote:

From my understanding, the ICMP or port tests only perform ONE probe before
announcing failure --> alert.

Yes, and this needs to be improved. We have it on our TODO list at http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#22

I am getting a lot of transient messages that fail one cycle, only to be ok
on the next cycle resulting in a lot of messages at times.  Is there
currently a way of configuring the host check so that if n-consecutive
failures you get an alert notification?

No, this is also on our TODO list at http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/ doc/next.php#20 In the meantime check out the patch from Ben Hartshorne http:// lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monit-dev/2005-07/msg00006.html which address this problem.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255