Re: Log files monitoring - forked Monit and Openview

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Log files monitoring - forked Monit and Openview
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 17:50:27 +0200

On 5. mai. 2005, at 11.27, Marco Ermini wrote:

Yesterday I obtained from my boss 5 scheduled days to work on Monit to have
configurable logfiles.

I need suggestions on:

- where to work on (CVS or stable version? I prefer to work on stable. Is it
possible to work on both with minor hassles?)

Work on the CVS version. The stable version may differ greatly from the one in CVS. As a project standard, code in CVS should compile cleanly so you should be able to work on that code without having any build problems. Also do a cvs update regularly.

- suggestions on how/what/where implement it.

Add the statement, [set logformat ".."] to the parser, p.y and rewrite the logger, log.c to use a output format. Do not copy code from the apache project since we use different and incompatible licenses. But do try to use the same format specifiers where applicable. We'll be happy to review any patch, and depending on available time help out with the coding.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255