Monitoring of remote machines

From: jsh
Subject: Monitoring of remote machines
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 03:11:04 -0500

Hi everybody!

I am new to monit and If somebody have a solution to my problem, please share
it with me. I am monitoring some remote machines running different internet
services.

My goal is to avoid false alarm in case my monit machine looses its internet
connection for a shorter period. I was thinking of doing a test ping to my ISP
gateway before testing my machines. In current version (4.4) I can't see how
this could work. Anybody with any ideas?

Jatinder