Re: Token File?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Token File?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:37:24 +0200

On Aug 27, 2004, at 15:59, Kevin Sheen wrote:

 I see the following in the Example configuration:

Hint: It is advisable to use a token file for monit. Thus, it is easily possible to filter out the accesses done by monit.
*
Is there any documentation (or an example) of the above token file.  I'd like to keep my apache log file from being 'disturbed' by monit if possible.

This is nothing fancy, the idea here is simply to setup monit to query for a certain document path so you can filter out the requests done by monit from the http access log. The content of the "token" file is not important, it may be an empty file for that matter. What's important is that monit always query a certain document path. Assume monit check the following URL, /monit.txt, where monit.txt can be any text file. To clear the log from all monit requests you can simply do something like this: egrep -v /monit.txt /var/logs/access-log > access-log-withoutmonit

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland